Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Website



http://users.tricity.wsu.edu/~jesse.nguyen/index.html

So as I was doing research in the 80's I found out Pac-Man was released in 1980 in Japan and also in the U.S. Pac-Man was one of the first video games I have ever played as a kid. I used to love going to Chuck-e-cheese and sitting down at one of their Pac-Man arcade tables and trying to beat as many levels as I can. I was born in 1989 so Pac-Man has been around over a decade before I even got the chance to play it. To this day I will always be terrified of the colorful ghosts.

As I was making my website, I decided I wanted my header to look like the traditional maze they used in the Pac-Man game. It took my forever to design the header since I wanted it to be perfect. Since I already decided that I wanted to sell Pac-Man themed shoes, I wanted the shoes to replace the traditional Pac-Man who is trying to escape the non-escape-able  maze. I then added the tradational ghosts who are always haunting both Pac-Man and me.

Next, I made the menu bar. I wanted to keep it simple and have a home, about, and the product itself. I used a Pac-Man font I found on dafonts.com and liked it since it fitted the theme and went for it. Next I made the footer. I decided to just have more fun buttons like a contact page and a random link that took to Pac-Man eating dots. It is what he is known for.

For the body, I just wanted to have some fun and created text for each page that sounded fun and silly but also still talks about my made-up company.

I used Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver to create everything. Overall fun project.

1 comment: