Friday, October 16, 2015

Chapter 6 Part 2



In Chapter 6, Stewart also talks about characteristics of good goals. Ambitious yet achievable is one of the characteristics listed. Stewart says “Too modest a goal will provide no sense of accomplishment. Too ambitious a goal will reduce, rather than increase, motivation.” (131). I gave up soda for my 2015 New Year's resolution. Was my resolution too modest? No, it was not. Now is it too ambitious? I would say no as well since cutting out soda is one step of many to become a healthier me. A too ambitious of a goal, no matter how much I truly would want, is cutting all sweets from my life. I love chocolate too much to actually do that for a whole year but realistically I can maybe cut all sweets from my life for a month at the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment